Walt glitched out on me in meshlab.

Walt glitched out on me in meshlab.

nice glitch, I subdivided the mesh, then moved it, but only the original vertices were selected so that it pulled these upwards forming spikes, top and bottom.

Abandoned work of 2011. I went to the British Museum and scanned this Colombian figure using hyper3D (which has now become cubify capture). Back then the scanning would produce these odd clumps as seen above the head and shoulders of the statue. I then rotated the texture file 90º. Since hyper3D generated texture files of lots of tiny disordered swatches, these would be totally misplaced creating this pixelly-texture-file glitch aesthetic, that I should’ve 3D printed! It shows how two years of refining scanning technology would never allow this effect to happen again. I guess the problem with cloud-based apps is that you can’t keep a legacy copy of the software either.

Not quite sure where I’m going with this.

Not quite sure where I’m going with this.

The ‘cheese toastie’ glitch algorithm that pulls apart a mesh down the middle stretching mesh faces between the two halves, a bit like pulling apart a melted cheese toastie. The one above does exactly that, the one below additionally deletes some of the faces so that you see through it.

I’ve been far too conservative with my glitches (to keep 3D Printing feasible) but I think its time to push it further. 

I’ve been far too conservative with my glitches (to keep 3D Printing feasible) but I think its time to push it further. 

An unexpected glitch occurred when I opened a .dae file that incorrectly loaded the texture file (1st image in black). So I tested out other texture file malfunctions including misalignment (2nd image), loading a ‘blank’ texture file, which in fact is that vernacular grey chessboard default (3rd). The correctly working .dae file is last for comparison.

Splinter Ranger

Splinter Ranger

New algorithm to slice, polar array (loop/repeat) and fuse 3D scans produces very alien results. Here are some done with a power ranger toy. The last one I can’t remember what it was, but it has also been smoothed.

Glitch Reality II teacups 3D printed in colour using gradients generated in #ccc. 

Glitch Reality II teacups 3D printed in colour using gradients generated in #ccc. 

Day 1 of building the new parametric colour interface, with color-stl export, in Processing. I’m liking the accidental cyan dapple, worthy of a print perhaps.

Day 1 of building the new parametric colour interface, with color-stl export, in Processing. I’m liking the accidental cyan dapple, worthy of a print perhaps.

sekuMoi Mecy

3D colour print of an imperfect 3D scan with face colour shuffle done in Processing. Name generated by letter array shuffle also done in Processing.

We Met Heads On (#Met3D remix)

Real-time Audio Responsive Mesh Glitching done in Processing by M_PF. Best in HD.