personal coding milestone achieved - importing colour data into Hemesh + Processing!!! Thanks Corneel Cannaerts for his HEC_FromObjFile class that I’ve hacked, and then for fixing my hack over an email to correctly lerp vertex colour to face colour. So to get from 3D scan to this you must:
1. Export 123D scan as obj file with texture.
2. Open in meshlab, do the texture color -> vertex color. Save as .obj
3. Copy the HEC_FromObjFile into a .pde tab, change class name.
4. When it reads iterates through vertices getting parts 1,2,3 (x,y,z) tell it to also get parts 4,5,6 (rgb for vertex). Save that into an Arraylist of colors
5. Extend HE_Mesh class to store face color, iterate through faces, get face vertices, match vertex with colour data from your Arraylist. Lerp the 3 vertex colours to produce one face colour. Mesh.display()
6. Go to tumblr, let others know.